Upward Basketball and Cheerleading
For more information about Upward, please visit www.upward.org.
Upward Sports is an evangelistic sports ministry specifically designed to promote salvation, character, and self-esteem in every child. Upward Basketball and Cheerleading seek to strengthen children and their families by:
- Maximizing the family schedule by having only one hour of practice and one game per week.
- Facilitating an atmosphere of sportsmanship by not keeping standings.
- Allowing coaches to focus on ministering instead of game strategy by having a set substitution schedule where all players receive equal playing time.
- Maximizing ministry opportunities by exposing participants to scripture-based devotions during each practice and exposing spectators to halftime devotions at each game.
2017 -2018 Season Information:
Registration is closed.
December practice: December 2
And the week of 12/4 (on normal practice nights)
Games begin Friday, January 5th-Saturday, January 6th, 2018
Season Ends: February 24, 2018
What are the age ranges?
- Boys and girls from kindergarten - sixth grade are eligible to participate.
- There is a Developmental League for children who are four years old on or before September 1st of the current school year.
- There is a Challenger League for children with special needs.