Upward Basketball and Cheerleading
For more information about Upward, please visit www.upward.org.
Upward Sports is an evangelistic sports ministry specifically designed to promote salvation, character, and self-esteem in every child. Upward Basketball and Cheerleading seek to strengthen children and their families by:
- Maximizing the family schedule by having only one hour of practice and one game per week.
- Facilitating an atmosphere of sportsmanship by not keeping standings.
- Allowing coaches to focus on ministering instead of game strategy by having a set substitution schedule where all players receive equal playing time.
- Maximizing ministry opportunities by exposing participants to scripture-based devotions during each practice and exposing spectators to halftime devotions at each game.
What are the age ranges?
- Boys and girls from kindergarten - sixth grade are eligible to participate.
- There is a Developmental League for children who are four years old on or before September 1st of the current school year.
- There is a Challenger League for children with special needs.